The Chapel of Our Lady of Mount Carmel is a catholic church located in Cameron Highlands. Situated in the town of Tanah Rata, this is a church which was built on top of a slope here and is one of the oldest structures in Cameron Highlands.
From the first floor of the convent, members can see the main road which makes the Chapel of Our Lady of Mount Carmel one of the most easily accessible places in Cameron Highlands. The church celebrates the Sunday Mass every week at 9.30 in the morning, drawing large crowds to its service each time. It was back in 1930 when the Bishop of Malacca, Msgr. Barillon requested a grant of land for Cameron Highlands which was then granted with the condition that a school be built for the European youngsters then.
From then, it would eventually become one of the most prominent places in Cameron Highlands including being the location of SK Convent which has since become a main school for the people here. Today, The Chapel of Our Lady of Mount Carmel continues to be the worship place for the Catholics here that provides all types of support services for its members of all ages.
Chapel of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
39000 Tanah Rata,
Tel: 05 – 4911450